The Woodville Town Hall building was initially constructed in 1903 as council offices and chambers. It was enlarged several times, first in the 1920s and then again in the 1940s, to become a focal point for civic functions and community celebrations.
Far from being a one-dimensional venue, the Town Hall is used each week for a range of activities, functions, performances and celebrations. During its time it has hosted dignitaries, marked milestones, raised funds and cheer for Australian forces, delivered comfort, celebrated weddings and birthdays, held concerts and gala evenings, graduated students, welcomed new Australians, been the venue of debates and important decision-making, had Jaffas hurtled across its floors and Greek tragedies played out on its screen.
The front section of the hall building was used for Council offices until 1964 when a new administration building was constructed adjacent to the hall. This building was replaced with the current Civic Centre and Library in 1997. In 2009, the Federal Government awarded the City of Charles Sturt $3.3 million to refurbish the Woodville Town Hall and return the front of the building to offices.
The Woodville Town Hall is recognised as a Local Heritage Place.