Ghulam Ali is considered to be the only legendary ghazal singer of his era. His style and variations in singing Ghazals has been noted as unique, as he blends Hindustani classical music with ghazals, unlike any other ghazal singer. Highly popular in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, as well as among South Asian diaspora in the US, the UK and the Middle Eastern countries.
Many of his hit ghazals have been used in Bollywood movies. His famous ghazals are Chupke Chupke Raat Din, Kal Chaudhvin Ki Raat Thi, Hungama Hai Kyon Barpa, Chamakte Chand Ko, Kiya Hai Pyar Jisé, May Nazar Sé Pee Raha Hoon, Mastana Peeyé, Yé dil yé pagal dil, Apni Dhun Mein Rehta Hoon a ghazal by Nasir Kazmi, "Ham Ko Kiske Gham Ne Maara". His recent album "Hasratein" was nominated in the Best Ghazal Album category at Star GIMA Awards 2014.
General Guidelines for Ghulam Ali Sydney Show
Thank you for booking tickets for Heritage By Ghulam Ali, Experience the ethereal music Live In Concert Sydney Show.
The Show start time is 6PM, gates will Open at 4PM.
To avoid last minute delays, We have outlined some general guidelines for your reference.
- If you are missing your tickets, please let us know in advance & we can resend it to you.
- Please ensure that you plan your travel to arrive at least 30 minutes early to the venue with tickets ( regardless of soft copy or printed copy) to avoid last minute rush.
- The Venue is accessible via Public transport depending on which area do you travel from, If you are driving, Below are the parking stations generally used around Town Hall,
- Wilson Parking - St Andrews House - 464 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000 - https://www.wilsonparking.com.au/parking-locations/new-south-wales/sydney-cbd/st-andrews-house-town-hall-car-park
- Wilson Parking - Queen Victoria Building Car Park - 111 York St, Sydney NSW 2000 - https://www.wilsonparking.com.au/parking-locations/new-south-wales/cbd-sydney-south/queen-victoria-building-car-park
- Note there will NOT be any food or drinks available at the venue to purchase, so we request you to consider that & pre-plan accordingly.
- This show will be recorded live including the artist & the audience.
- Due to OH&S safety reasons, Food & drinks are NOT allowed inside the auditorium. You can carry a bottle of water.
- We request you to respect our staff & ushers on site, they are there to help you. If you have any concerns, we request you to reach out to them, so they can help you out.
We look forward to welcoming you to the show.
Marching Elephants Entertainment & The Laughter Factory